Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Mango Languages is an online language-learning program for over 70 languages including English. Lessons range from basic to comprehensive language and grammar skills, and can include casual conversations, films, and specialty courses in culture. Follow the Mango Languages link below to create your own account.
- Online web-based platform with no downloads or installations needed
- Off-line access by downloading lessons to app on your mobile device
- Learn through conversations with memory building exercises
- Goal-based learning: conversational & grammar goals
- Cultural & grammar insights sprinkled into lessons
- Interactive words & phrases with semantic color mapping
- Pronunciation helpers with phonetic popups & audio
- Record your speech & compare it to audio from a native speaker
Beginners or not
For absolute beginners, we recommend starting with the Mango Conversations courses. These are the core courses which have the most content, and assume no prior knowledge of the language. If you have some experience with the language, you'll have the opportunity to take a placement test, which will allow you to skip the stuff you already know. The tests are available at each language's Conversation course.